Most of traveler known Dien Bien Phu as the famous war – the second Waterloo of French happened there in 1954. Dien Bien Phu Museum can give you great perspective and learning about this war and you will understand how Vietnamese people have a victory in this famous battle.
By the end of 2003, the museum was upgraded and its exhibition sections reorganized. To date, the museum has five exhibition sections, featuring 274 items and 122 pictures, many of which are newly added, about the 8-year resistance against the French colonialists. The five sections have the following contents:
– The strategic location of Dien Bien Phu.
– The enemy scheme at Dien Bien Phu.
– The Party guideline
– Regarding preparations for the Dien Bien Phu Campaign.
– Impacts of Dien Bien Phu domestically and internationally.
– Present-day Dien Bien Phu.
The museum opens for tourists inside and outside Vietnam. The outdoor sections of the museum were finished in service of the Year for Tourism in Dien Bien – 2004.