- Vietnam Train – Overview
- Train From Hochiminh city to Hanoi
- Train From Hanoi to Hochiminh city
- Vietnam train fare between Hanoi & Hochiminh city
- Train between Hue & Danang
- Express Train Ha Noi – Sapa – Lao Cai
Ha Noi – Sapa – Lao Cai Express Train Information
Laocai – Sapa Transfer :
The Hanoi – Laocai train stops at Valley Laocai, just 40 km from Sapa; in order to reach Sapa, you will need to travel an hour and a half more through a connecting bus or private car. The bus stops at Sapa’s main Post Office, leaving you with some minutes walk into town. It can also stop at your hotel, depending upon the location of the hotel. Ticket prices for connecting buses Laocai – Sapa are 30000VND or US$2/way.
The tourist bus back to Laocai leaves from outside Sapa’s church, but usually it can pick you up at your hotel. You can inquire with the staff at your hotels for getting a bus ticket back to Laocai Railway Station.
Sapa Train Schedule: Ha Noi – Sapa – Ha Noi
Ha Noi – Lao Cai Route:
Lao Cai – Ha Noi Route
SP1 & 2: Fansipan Express, Tulico Express, Hara Train, Royal Express, Pumkin Express Train.
SP7 & 8: King Express, Livitrans Express Train.
SP3 & 4: Orient Express, Green Train, Victoria Express Train, Sapaly Express Train
Victoria Train Schedule :
|Ha Noi – Lao Cai (21:55 – 06:30)||Dinning carriage||No Dinning carriage||Dinning carriage||No Dinning carriage||Dinning carriage||No Train||No Dinning carriage|
|Lao Cai – Ha Noi (20:45 – 06:00)||No Dinning carriage||Dinning carriage||No Dinning carriage||Dinning carriage||No Dinning carriage||No Train||Dinning carriage|
|Type of sleeper||Round trip||One way|
|With DC||Without DC||1way with DC & 1way without DC||With DC||Without DC|
Note on The Ticket :
– We recommend that you choose the soft sleeper and the Pumpkin, Ratraco, Royal, Tulico trains for cleaner cabins and berths. Normal train can easily buy at train station in Hanoi train.
– We only can purchase the return tickets from Hanoi for the Victoria Express, Pumpkin, Tulico, Ratraco, Royal train. For other normal trains, you need to purchase the return ticket yourself, when you are in Laocai or Sapa , or request the hotel to buy it for you (you cannot be guaranteed a soft sleeper if you buy on short notice).
– Child fare: under 5 years: free of charge if sharing bed with parent; 5 years/up: adult rate.
How to Book :
Ratraco Train :
In the LC5 and LC6, there are Victoria Cabins, Tulico Cabins, Pumpkin Cabins, and Ratraco Cabins. All of these are alternatives for tourists to Sapa from Hanoi. Ratraco train is one of the best trains to Sapa with wooden cabins.
|Ratraco train’s carriage||Ratraco train’s carriage|
|Ratraco train’s corridor||Ratraco train’s cabin||Ratraco train’s washing room|
Pumpkin Train :
Pumpkin train, like the Tulico train, is not a separate train, but offers soft sleepers, A/C and clean four-berth cabins in 2 carriages which go with local trains (LC5 and LC6) between Hanoi and Laocai. Pumpkin train is one of the best choice for tourists to Sapa.
|Pumpkin train’s carriage||Pumpkin train’s cabin||Ratraco train’s washing room|
|Pumpkin train’s corridor||Pumpkin train’s carriage||Tourists’ satisfaction|
Royal Train :
To serve tourist requirements, the Royal Train is also part of a regular train with 2 carriages in SP1 and SP2 which offers A/C, soft-sleepers and clean four-berth cabins.
|Royal train’s carriage||Royal train’s cabin||Royal train’s berth|
|Royal train’s corridor||Royal train’s snack and water||Royal train’s toilet|